Knitwit

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

SP9 last parcel and reveal


I got my last parcel from my SP today and it was another fab one.

My SP (Glenda) has actually been really devious - she used to live in Canada and had been sending my previous parcels from there but she has since moved back to Newcastle (where I live) and sent my last parcel from here. Glenda said it was really difficult not letting on that she lived a few miles away. I thought it was a brilliant ruse when I opened my last parcel today - I can't believe my SP has been living a few miles away. I plan to try and meet up at one of the local knitting groups very soon.

Anyway, in my last parcel, Glenda sent me some fab things as per usual. I had wanted to try some beaded knitting as its not something that I've done in the past. Glenda sent me a scarf pattern, with wome wool and beads and a handy little device to thread the wool onto the needles. I'll be giving this a go once I've finished my socks using the Lorna;s Laces that Glenda sent me in my first parcel. I also got some little sachets of wool wash which will come in handy for washing all my new knits.

Glenda also sent me some non-knitting treats, I got flavoured t-bags, chocolate bunnies, some shower gel and a bath cupcake.

The best surprise this time though was light up knitting needles. I've never seen anything like these before. I haven't opened them yet but I can't think of a better idea. Basically the points of the needles light up so you can knit in the dark - I think its a fantastic idea and means I'll be able to keep knitting whenever we watch films at home.

Thanks Glenda and can't wait to meet up. It'll be great to have a proper gossip with you rather then trying to fit a conversation into an email.

Have a look at Glenda's blog here

1 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Glenda said…

    I'm so glad you liked your final parcel!

    I've seen people knitting with those needles during movies at the cinema, although I've never actually used them myself - I just hope they're not so long as to be awkward when knitting!

    see you at the Centurion soon - we're there every Saturday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home