Knitwit

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

SP9 Treat


This one is just for my SP. She sent me some fab Lorna's Laces which I have just started to make into the leaf and tendril socks from "Socks soar on 2 circular needles".

I haven't done enough of the pattern yet to see whether it is going to be lost in this yarn (I've had to rip it out a couple of times as I made a few mistakes on the pattern - too eager to get started as per usual and didn't read the pattern properly). Also, I couldn't get a close up picture, either the flash went off and all I got was white light or it was so dark that you couldn't see the sock. Just as well my knitting is better than my photography skills.

Anyway, the colourway is yummy and it has been my first attempt at an invisible cast on toe up sock - impressive! I couldn't get my head round how this would work when I read the pattern but it made perfect sense once I started. The toe looks very small and triangle like at the moment - in fact it looks like a tiny pair of bikini bottoms - but I have stretched it over my toes and it seems to fit so might just need a bit of blocking once done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home