Knitwit

Monday, November 05, 2007

SP11 Package





I picked up my package from the PO today. Megan has been spoiling me in this round and she used the wedding rhyme "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" as my theme since I am getting married next year. I even took a photo of all the surprises before unwrapping them as the wrapping was beautiful.

My something blue and old were some gorgeous stitch markers handmade in sterling silver and vintage blue beads with the cutest wedding cake charm. I don't think it has come out very clearly in the pictures but its lovely.

My something borrowed was a family recipe for bowl cake which sounds delicious - I think I'll try it as a pudding for christmas dinner this year.

The something new was gorgeous schaefer silk lace yarn, beads and a pattern to make a stole for my wedding day. The colours are gorgeous and I have placed a swatch of my wedding dress on top and it goes perfectly! I've no idea if Megan knew that I wasn't going for the traditional ivory or white gown as I don't think I blogged about it. I had been thinking of knitting something like this to be able to pass on as an heirloom but hadn't got round to doing anything about it so thanks Megan its given me the inspiration that I needed. The photo shows the peach shade as being very orange (which it isn't in real life) - it all matches perfectly with my dress swatch.

I also received a wedding magazine, some big day bath salts (which made the whole package smell amazing) and a heart shaped soap.

I completely love the whole parcel and want to start the stole straight away.

Thanks again Megan, the parcel was excellent and I feel truly spoiled.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger Megan said…

    Yay! I can finally comment on your blog. I'm so glad that you liked it. It got there a bit faster than I expected. I had no idea about your colors, I just saw that silk and loved it. I hoped that it would work but didn't know just how well! I can't wait to see pictures of your progress on the stole. I've really enjoyed getting your package ready and getting to know you. I know the package wasn't bursting at the seams with stuff so I hope you really do feel spoiled. Let me know if you enjoy that cake. I hope to keep in touch! Take care Pauline! Thanks for the lovely post on your blog!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger knitwittery said…

    Lovely to hear from you and finally find out who has been spoiling me. I wil keep in touch and keep you updated on progress of stole.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home