Knitwit

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Update

We found out over the weekend that my Mum has cancer in both her kidneys. It was quite a shock but one that I had had in the back of my mind for quite some time. We are still waiting on full prognosis at the moment but we decided to cancel the trip to Peru as my parents just need me around at the moment. The care they have recieved so far has been next to useless and so I have been phoning her GP to try and get some care in place - it looks like he has finally decided to do something today as she has got progressively worse in the last couple of days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does engage the nurses and home help that he promised on Monday but so far hadn't done anything about.

I've been next to useless at doing any work, knitting, housework etc this week although I have been making some inroads into our wine collection - not the healthiest thing to do but a couple of glasses at night seems to help with sleeping.

I have been working on the collar of my Sorrell jumper and it is taking forever - I've still got 18 rows to go before I finish the collar and then need to do the insert. I am sure that I am going to run out of yarn too. The collar is an uphill struggle just due to the large number of stitches so I am commiting myself to trying to do at least 2 rows per night so at this rate I'll be finished the collar in just over a week's time.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Katjuska said…

    Oh no! I wish your mother the will power to fight.

    Br, Katja

     

Post a Comment

<< Home