Knitwit

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lots of news

I haven't blogged for a while and there has been a good reason for this - my boyfriend finally proposed! It happened about 3 weeks ago and we have been caught up in a whirlwind ever since, trying to let friends and family know and looking at venues for a wedding next year. We have narrowed it down to 2 venues (both with Harry Potter themes - although that wasn't deliberate). The venue is either going to be Alnwick Castle (where the scenes of the Great Hall were filmed) or Glenfinnan House Hotel which is near the Glenfinnan viaduct which is where the Hogwarts express travels over. Alnwick is looking likely to be favourite as it is closer to home and logistically an easier place to get everyone to stay over. Going to see Glenfinnan House hotel this weekend which has a stunning location and which I love but fear its not going to be right. Will keep you posted.

On the knitting side of things, I have managed to finish the main part of my entrelac baby blanket although I got a bit confused on the last corners (they turned out smaller than the start corners but I followed the pattern and think its a quirk of finishing off he entrelac). I'm now onto the border and have abother 14 pattern repeats before it is finished. This wasn't planned for anyone in particular, I just like having a stash of baby thiings to give to friends and family when the new arrivals are born. So once this is finished, it'll be joining some others bits and bobs in my baby stash.

Promise to do some photos after the weekend of my progress.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home