Knitwit

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thanks SP


Its my birthday today and so far I am having a really good one. The weather is fantastic; my boyfriend got me some fab presents (and he is taking me out tonight - its a surprise but I think we are dining and staying over at a hotel just down the road from us called Jesmond Dene House. I've been desperate to go for ages); and I got home from work to find a parcel from my SP.

After opening the envelope, the gifts inside were neatly wrapped in blue tissue paper - and she remembered my birthday and sent a birthday card. I love SP's. Anyway, I got the Knitting Rules book by Stephanie Pearl McPhee which I immediately had a quick flick through - ok, I confess, I've been reading it for the last half hour. Although I have been knitting for years, I have never been adventurous enough to try my own patterns or stray from original patterns. From my initial readings of this book then I think that may change very soon.

I also got some Koigu wool sock and the cutest sock project bag. I've used Koigu before to knit a baby blanket and its such an easy yarn to knit with - so smooth and the colours are fantastic. I'm definitely going to enjoy making some socks from this.

So thanks SP, I thoroughly enjoyed my parcel and love every bit of it.

PS on the knitting front, I have finished knitting my last panel of the Lizard Ridge Afghan last night. Hopefully at some point over the weekend I can get all the panels together and sort out the order that I want to sew them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home