Knitwit

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Random Fact for SP9

I have a phobia of fish. It is improving with age but when I was younger, I couldn't eat in a restaurant if they had fish in a tank unless it wasn't within my sight.

I managed to go snorkelling in Egypt a couple of years ago but did have to wear a full wet suit as I didn't want any of the fish to touch me. I was amazed and ecstatic that I managed to do this and I thought the fish were wonderful but still have a long way to go until I am fully comfortable about them.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    So are you afraid of dolphins and whales or do mammals not count?

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger knitwittery said…

    Mammals don't count. I can even cope with things like flat fish. I think its the thought of the texture of normal fish. I think they would feel scaley.

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Calling on Kahlo said…

    OMG, I had a huge fear of swimming in lakes because I thought the fish would bite me. Yet, it never extended to fish in tanks.

    Do you eat fish?

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger knitwittery said…

    I do eat fish now but again its only within the last couple of years that I have been able to do so and it must be fully filleted and have no skin otherwise it puts me off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home