Knitwit

Saturday, June 10, 2006

I can crochet.....at last



Attended a beginners crochet class in John Lewis, Newcastle today. I have wanted to try crochet for ages but no matter how many books I read, websites I tried, etc I just couldn't get the hang of holding the hook.

Thankfully the class sorted it all out for me and I can now crochet. We learned how to chain, double crochet and treble crochet. We all crocheted flowers at the class (although I still have to sew mine up so haven't included any pictures.

I bought a couple of books, Erika Knight's Essentail Crochet and Carol Meldrum's Easy Crocheted Accessories (Carol took the class).

The class has given me the courage to start a crochet belt kit that I bought last year from Angel Yarns done with South West Trading Oasis. Its going fairly fast - probably much faster than knitting. Its all treble crochet so an easy project to get started with.

I don't think the crochet will ever take over from knitting but its been something that I wanted to know how to do either because a lot of knitting patterns have some crochet edgings or because I keep seeing stunning accessories which are crocheted. At least now I can give those patterns a go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home